Tuesday May 27, 2008
All ministries except three to move to Putrajaya
PUTRAJAYA: All ministries, with the exception of the International Trade and Industry, Works and Defence, are expected to move to the federal administrative capital by 2010.
Putrajaya Corporation president Tan Sri Samsudin Osman said the construction of buildings to house several ministries was already ongoing while others were in planning stages, adding that the Unity, Culture, Arts and Heritage, and Tourism Ministries were among those that would be moving here soon.
“The three ministries have decided not to move as they consider their location strategic. They will continue to remain at their present location while other ministries operating in Kuala Lumpur are preparing to move to Putrajaya in the next two years or so,” he told reporters yesterday.
Samsudin said there would be more commercial buildings in the federal administrative capital to meet demands for such outlets, adding that currently, the only commercial buildings were the Putrajaya Holdings Sdn Bhd (PjH) building and the soon-to-be opened 26 Boulevard at Precinct 3.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Tengku Adnan urged to resign from Umno and BN posts
Sunday May 25, 2008
Tengku Adnan urged to resign from Umno and BN posts
IPOH: Umno secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor should quit as Barisan Nasional and Umno secretary-general in light of the findings of the V.K. Lingam video clip case, said Ipoh Timor MP Lim Kit Siang.
“Undoubtedly, the Royal Commission of Inquiry has come up with a very adverse report on Tengku Adnan and five other VIPs, as the ‘fixers’ in the brokering of judicial appointment,” Lim said at a press conference at the Perak DAP headquarters yesterday.
He called on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to immediately relieve Tengku Adnan of the two posts if the Government was serious and sincere in wanting reform.
“Tengku Adnan should be relieved of the two posts. Otherwise, it would mean that the Government has no confidence in the Royal Commission of Inquiry report,” he added.
The five other VIPs implicated in the commission’s report were lawyer Datuk V.K. Lingam, tycoon Tan Sri Vincent Tan, former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, and former Chief Justices Tun Eusoff Chin and Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim.
Lim, who also questioned Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail’s credentials in the important task of investigating Tengku Adnan and others, said a special prosecutor with full powers of investigation and prosecution should
be appointed to deal with the report.
“When the Lingam tape surfaced, he said there was nothing wrong as it was a monologue,” Lim said.
“He also said no further action, at that time, should be taken into the Anti-Corruption Agency investigations of Lingam and Eusoff holidaying in New Zealand,” Lim added.
On Dr Mahathir’s shock resignation from Umno, Lim said he was unsure if it would have any effect on the party’s leadership.
“From the reaction so far, not a single elected representative has resigned from Umno although a number of members have done so,” he added.
“Whether it would end up consolidating Pak Lah instead of weakening him is the pertinent question,” Lim said.
Tengku Adnan urged to resign from Umno and BN posts
IPOH: Umno secretary-general Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor should quit as Barisan Nasional and Umno secretary-general in light of the findings of the V.K. Lingam video clip case, said Ipoh Timor MP Lim Kit Siang.
“Undoubtedly, the Royal Commission of Inquiry has come up with a very adverse report on Tengku Adnan and five other VIPs, as the ‘fixers’ in the brokering of judicial appointment,” Lim said at a press conference at the Perak DAP headquarters yesterday.
He called on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to immediately relieve Tengku Adnan of the two posts if the Government was serious and sincere in wanting reform.
“Tengku Adnan should be relieved of the two posts. Otherwise, it would mean that the Government has no confidence in the Royal Commission of Inquiry report,” he added.
The five other VIPs implicated in the commission’s report were lawyer Datuk V.K. Lingam, tycoon Tan Sri Vincent Tan, former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, and former Chief Justices Tun Eusoff Chin and Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim.
Lim, who also questioned Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail’s credentials in the important task of investigating Tengku Adnan and others, said a special prosecutor with full powers of investigation and prosecution should
be appointed to deal with the report.
“When the Lingam tape surfaced, he said there was nothing wrong as it was a monologue,” Lim said.
“He also said no further action, at that time, should be taken into the Anti-Corruption Agency investigations of Lingam and Eusoff holidaying in New Zealand,” Lim added.
On Dr Mahathir’s shock resignation from Umno, Lim said he was unsure if it would have any effect on the party’s leadership.
“From the reaction so far, not a single elected representative has resigned from Umno although a number of members have done so,” he added.
“Whether it would end up consolidating Pak Lah instead of weakening him is the pertinent question,” Lim said.
Putrajaya a blaze of colours with launch of Citrawarna Malaysia 2008
Sunday May 25, 2008
Putrajaya a blaze of colours with launch of Citrawarna Malaysia 2008
PUTRAJAYA: The federal administrative centre kicked off the twoweek school holidays with a kaleidoscope of colours last night.
It was indeed a feast of colours at the Citrawarna Malaysia 2008 in front of the Palace of Justice here.
A section of the host of traditional dancers participating in the Citrawarna Malaysia 2008 in front of the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya last night. The Sultan of Kedah Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah launched the event. Also present was Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
Besides a 10-minute splendid fireworks display lighting up various motives such as butterflies, birds and bamboo – and a galaxy of stars – the thousands of visitors were entertained to cultural dances by some 1,600 performers.
The two-hour show took place along the stretch of boulevard in Precinct 3.
In line with this year's theme of “the Kingdom of Flora and Fauna”, there was even a decorated giant elephant on stage for the Indian segment of the show.
Local artistes Reshmonu, Nicky and Noreen Aziz belted out hits as the crowd sang along.
The event, the 10th annual edition, was launched by the Sultan of Kedah Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah. He was accompanied by his wife Sultanah Haminah Hamidun.
The royal couple, who were representing the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, made a grand entrance in a carriage drawn by a fine white steed.
Also present were Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said and other Cabinet members.
Najib later flagged off a convoy of 250 cars, which will tour the country.
“Our policies are to encourage the development of superior and viable tourism infrastructure, such as the building of resorts and hotels, better transportation and communication facilities, multi-lingual signages in transportation hubs, strict regulating of tour operators and the facilitation of immigration regulations,'' Najib said in his message in the souvenir programme.
Putrajaya a blaze of colours with launch of Citrawarna Malaysia 2008
PUTRAJAYA: The federal administrative centre kicked off the twoweek school holidays with a kaleidoscope of colours last night.
It was indeed a feast of colours at the Citrawarna Malaysia 2008 in front of the Palace of Justice here.
A section of the host of traditional dancers participating in the Citrawarna Malaysia 2008 in front of the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya last night. The Sultan of Kedah Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah launched the event. Also present was Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
Besides a 10-minute splendid fireworks display lighting up various motives such as butterflies, birds and bamboo – and a galaxy of stars – the thousands of visitors were entertained to cultural dances by some 1,600 performers.
The two-hour show took place along the stretch of boulevard in Precinct 3.
In line with this year's theme of “the Kingdom of Flora and Fauna”, there was even a decorated giant elephant on stage for the Indian segment of the show.
Local artistes Reshmonu, Nicky and Noreen Aziz belted out hits as the crowd sang along.
The event, the 10th annual edition, was launched by the Sultan of Kedah Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah. He was accompanied by his wife Sultanah Haminah Hamidun.
The royal couple, who were representing the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, made a grand entrance in a carriage drawn by a fine white steed.
Also present were Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Azalina Othman Said and other Cabinet members.
Najib later flagged off a convoy of 250 cars, which will tour the country.
“Our policies are to encourage the development of superior and viable tourism infrastructure, such as the building of resorts and hotels, better transportation and communication facilities, multi-lingual signages in transportation hubs, strict regulating of tour operators and the facilitation of immigration regulations,'' Najib said in his message in the souvenir programme.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)